The finalists in the prestigious Australian Life photography competition have been announced.
Twenty-two finalists have been selected for the Australian Life photographic competition from hundreds of entries.
Australian Life is part of the City of Sydney’s Art & About year-round program of events, major projects and thought-provoking exhibitions in unusual spaces throughout the city, and challenges both well-known and upcoming photographers to portray the many facets of life in Australia from diverse cultures to suburbia and the beach.
The winner of the $10,000 Australian Life prize – one of the biggest photography prizes in the country – will be announced at the opening of the exhibition on 15 September.
This year’s finalists include:
• The Lambs: a family of sheep taking shade under a veranda in country Victoria
• Elvis Has Left The Building: action shot captured during the 2016 Elvis Festival in Parkes, NSW
• Boy On Bike: a young boy takes his bike through barren landscape in Coober Pedy
• Sydney Ladies Party – 30 Years of The Billich Gallery: from the 30th anniversary ‘Erotica’ party
• The Secret Handshake: siblings mourn the death of their Lebanese father
• Heaven: a spectacular birthday celebration in a Pakistani restaurant in Rockdale.
The Australian Life finalists will be exhibited in a large-scale exhibition along the St James walkway of Hyde Park from 15 September to 9 October.
For more details visit artandabout.com.au